Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bird Sitting for Beakers

While my friend Shelly has been out of town we've gotten to bird sit 
for her little conure, Beakers.  
Here are some pictures of some other friends of ours getting to know this little bird.


Tempting Beakers with a Cheerio
He takes the bait!
All smiles as Beakers enjoys his treat!

We found out quite by accident that Beakers loves to drink ice water...

and steals the ice!

Megan shares a Cheerio with Beakers

Heber says "His feet poke through my shirt but this is cool! I feel like a Pirate! 
Arrrgh Matey!"


10 comments:

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

I love birds they are so cute. I don't trust my kids with one though. Love the Blog makeover Kirsten!!

Anonymous said...

tres tres patriotic! It looks great.
I love this bird!! How fun it must be to have him around!

TooSure said...

cute! i dont think I could ever have a bird. Dallin has a bird and it is so annoying each time N8 and I go visit mom and dad!

Sariahfied said...

How fun! My girls would love to babysit a bird! Me, on the other hand not so sure:)

LIS G said...

I remember when you lived in Great falls how you used to say it was hard to make good friends and keep them. you used to say that you knew you would be moving and hated making new friends over and over and you would just rather give it up. We tried to help you by making neighborhood baskets to start around. It's so good to see how well your doing now, it makes me excited and alittle jealous that you've made such good friends with people in NM and that you enjoy life with your family there so much. I sure hope when i get older I can do as you have done and get involved and enjoy the way life is going. It reminds me that life really is wonderful, and where ever we are we can be happy with what we have. Thanks.

samuraijack said...

Bird's grrr i think birds are smelly creatures best left for the trees haha

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

Hey Kirsten are you still alive? You haven't blogged in awhile. Just checking in on you. Would love to hear how your kids are enjoying school. Miss you!

rubberbucketsaysso said...

yeah, we need to hear about your new puppy!

Anonymous said...

what new puppy? where are you Kirsten?

cjmom said...

Kirsten call home! Or at least blog so we can see what is going on. We miss you.