Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Daddy is Deploying...

He'll be leaving for Qatar at the end of the year for 
a 6 month deployment.
While all the girls here are sad, Dad is glad, 
proud to serve God and Country. 
and he jokes to help us feel better that it's okay because...

"I need to refill my man meter." 

....I think he is right, he puts up with a lot of 
prettiness around here!

11 comments:

TooSure said...

lol, he is so funny! I am sorry that you will be apart for so long!!! I would bawl my eyes out, I am glad that you have the girls to help keep you company!!! I hope he will be safe! Please keep us updated!

Kim said...

Wow, Kirsten. Good luck! He (and you) will be in my prayers for a safe and speedy return! :)

Anonymous said...

oh man..you didn't even mention that when I called! Im happy for Brian- worried for you guys. 6 months isn't too bad tho and Im so glad he cares enough about our country to want so much to do that for us, what a great man. Prayer time for sure.

christianne said...

The longest Richard was gone on detail was three months to FLETC in NM. We had only been married a few months but the most dangerous things in Artesia, NM are snakes and poisonus insects. I missed him a lot...did much sewing into the wee hours cuz it so hard to go to bed at night without him to snuggle next to. Saying goodbye to him was very hard too. However during the day I just stayed busy and somewhat adapted.

I am so sad for the void all of you will feel but I am so proud of all of you for your willingness to serve our country especially now. I have so much admiration for men like Brian who are willing to serve and their wives and children. Thank you for your sacrifices. We love you!

rubberbucketsaysso said...

I'm proud of your whole family, Brian for being willing and able to serve, and the rest of you for letting him be gone that long! I don't know that I could do it... Nate about died that week and a half that we went to visit you guys and Ben! Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. we'll keep you all in our prayers..

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you all.

cjmom said...

Oh my word, we will keep him in our prayers, and you too. Take care.

Luellens said...

We are in Texas now if you want to get away for a bit before Brian leaves. We will keep him in our prayers! If you need anything let me know. I know what it's like and so does Susan. Take care!

Celeste said...

Please convey our deep gratitude and well wishes to Brian and also to your family. You will be in our prayers. :) We love you!

LIS G said...

Brian we love you. Dan was gone for 2 weeks after we got married, when he got back, I felt like I just got married all over again.. everything was new and exciting again. 2 weeks is hard enough for me, you call if you need someone to talk to... Love you.

Grans Clan said...

I am behind the times,a lot. I just mailed Brian a birthday letter. I hope you will send it on to him. And what a special man he is to have so much respect for our country. We cannot keep the freedoms we have if we don't have men like Brian, and women too, who are willing to defend it. Love toall 5 of you. Gran