Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I've been tagged....

A. The Rules are posted at the beginning
B. Each player answers about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people, posts their names, and goes to their blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
1. Working at Beneficial while husband attended college.
2. Living in a 500 sq. ft. house made with asbestos shingles.
3. Volunteering at the local Humane Society, cause we counldn't have a dog in our tiny house.
4. Dreaming of the day when we could start a family... now I dream of the days when it was just the two of us and no one threw food when they thought it was unpalatable. As in the case with our 3 yr old over the rice and raisins I so foolishly thought would be a nice breakfast (she threw it to the dog)!
5. Gleaning recipes from other women so I could cook something better than Hamburger Helper! It all started with "Bean Pizza" from Gran, now other newly marrieds call me for my recipes!

5 Things on My To-Do List Today
1. Enjoy the day with my girls while Dad is gone hunting Oryx hunting with a friend.
2. Do some laundry.
3. Plan a personal progress night for week.
4. Send out Thank you cards for Christmas Gifts received.
5. Read more of "The Candy Shop War" by Brandon Mull.

5 Snacks I Enjoy
1. PB&J on Ritz crackers.
2. Peaches and cottage cheese.
3. Chips and homemade salsa.
4. String cheese.
5. Kettle corn from the local farmers market, new fav... yum!

5 Things I'd Do If I Were a Billionaire
I really don't even know, a far away dream....
1. Pay a lot of tithing and be happy about it.
2. Pay off house and cars.
3. Invest.
4. Help military families with loved ones deployed.
5. Set up a "pay it forward" kind of fund that keeps on giving.

3 Bad Habits (wish I only had 3 to list!)
1. Choosing other diversions other than reading my scriptures daily.
2. Choosing other diversions other than enjoying my little girls.
3. Not treating my daughters and husband with respect when I am angry.

5 Jobs I've Had....
1. Excavation Professional
2. Coach
3. Medical Diagnostics
4. Transportation Specialist
5. Office Manager
...all within the last few days!

5 Things People Probably Don't Know About Me
1. I am scared of the dark, but dealing with it better than I did as a child.
2. I love Michael Jackson, mostly when he was still in the Jackson 5.
3. I think the paparazzi and other media regarding celebrities sucks and don't like to follow the stories about them, just so I don't perpetuate the cycle.
4. I love to clean, but you'd never know it by looking at my house because I am playing bachlorette today.
5. I feel happy/sad when I think about family and extended family since I miss them all so much. Of course that is true for most of us I suppose.


I tag 5 people who've read this and think it may be fun to do with their friends and family.

  Cause I know you'll ask...this is an Oryx. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask what an Oryx is so Im glad you added that- even tho it doesn't look like anything recognizable. I"ll have to look it up now and see what it looks like before it gets all split open and hung to dry! haha
Awesome answers!! Its always so fun to get to peek into your world ")
I especially love the part about the food being thrown.

TooSure said...

wahh! i miss you! it was fun to read that and realize a lot of things that we have in common. I like to clean, but not when Nate tells me to, i just like to do it, then i feel like my whole Saturday wasnt a waste. i also love it when people comeoer and notice that it is clean!! Makes me feel happy that i can handle my own house...except my room.

I would like to know more about this Oryx thing...maybe i will google it.

TooSure said...

i am confused, mostly because it says that those animals are found in Kenya and africa...do they have them in NM too?

TooSure said...

also, i was just thinking about Las Cruces...we have a photographer there. But i dont like him very much because he is a big baby. When you choose to sell your house...i would recommend a virtual tour...a CirclePix tour!!!

LIS G said...

Brian got to go ORYX hunting?!!! HOw did that happen!? cool beans!!!

Hot MMMama said...

Oryx first introduced onto White Sands in 1969 by the New Mexico Game and Fish Department as part of its exotic game animal introduction program. So yes they are here. And although Brian got to hunt one, it was not his hunt. He was invited to join a hunt along with a friend at work. His friend was approved for a "Once in a Lifetime Hunt" which is just that, he gets to hunt any Oryx, male or female, but only once in his lifetime. Drawing an Oryx tag is incredibly slim, but getting to shoot any Oryx is even slimmer. Usually you can get approved for a "broken horn" hunt or something specified like that. He had fun, but they found the Oryx really early in the day, so he thought it was way too easy, not much "hunting" involved. Not typical, just lucky for the guy with the tag I guess.

And Anne, as far as house photos by the "Big Baby" photographer, I might just take you up on that when we get ready to sell. Sounds like a great idea.