5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
1. Working at Beneficial while husband attended college.
2. Living in a 500 sq. ft. house made with asbestos shingles.
3. Volunteering at the local Humane Society, cause we couldn't have a dog in our tiny house. Now we have two! I fondly recall the days when I could skip vacuuming without being overrun with pet hair!
4. Dreaming of the day when we could start a family... now I dream of the days when it was just the two of us and no one threw food when they thought it was unpalatable. As in the case with our 3 yr old over the rice and raisins I so foolishly thought would be a nice breakfast (she threw it to the dogs)!
5. Planning our summer trip to Disneyland with Anne, Elisabeth and Laura, that we eventually paid off two years after the fact! <--The true mark of a vacation done right! 5 Things on My To-Do List Today
1. Keep the girls entertained enough to stay in the living room and listen to Conference.
2. Take the kids to the library during the break between sessions, as a reward for sitting nicely through 2 whole talks! <--In a row! 3. Plan a personal progress night for next week. 4. Let the girls run in the sprinklers after conference ends and eat outside after sitting inside all day today. 5. Begin reading the 3rd book in the Twilight Trilogy tonight. 5 Snacks I Enjoy
1. Graham crackers with cream cheese spread (a good little treat).
2. Peaches and cottage cheese.
3. Chips and homemade salsa.
4. Celery with peanut butter
5. Kettle corn from the local farmers market, new fav... yum!
5 Things I'd Do If I Were a Billionaire
I really don't even know...
1. Pay a lot of tithing and be sincerely happy about it.
2. Pay off house and cars.
3. Invest.
4. Help military families with loved ones deployed.
5. Set up a "pay it forward" kind of fund that keeps on giving.
3 Bad Habits (wish I only had 3 to list!)
1. Choosing other diversions other than reading my scriptures daily.
2. Choosing other diversions other than enjoying my little girls.
3. Not treating my daughters and husband with respect when I am angry.
5 Jobs I've Had....
1. Excavation Professional
2. Coach
3. Medical Diagnostics
4. Transportation Specialist
5. Office Manager
...all within the last few days!
5 Things People Probably Don't Know About Me
I tag 5 people who've read this and think it may be fun to do with their friends and family.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Happy to be "tagged" by Nicole!!
This one is hard, I don't think I have many things that people
wouldn't already know about me. Here are some weird ones...
1. I love to color with crayons. Maybe it's the smell, I don't know.
2. I am really really afraid of bees, and if you've been following my blog, and saw the trouble we've been having with bees, you would know why I appealed to the "blogging world" for help! It's hard to be brave so my girls think I don't care about the bees flying around, I just don't want them to develop my same irrational scream and run tactic.... I don't think I've fooled them...
3. Remember the Golden Retriever I found, his family sent me a thank you card and a gift certificate to spoil our own dogs at Petco... I haven't told you that yet, it was a neat surprise.
4. I want to sell Brite music, so I can get it all really inexpensively for my own family. I keep going to the site and inquire about selling it, then chicken out! <--for years now.
5. I really do like to play with my kids, who are out playing a soggy sandbox without me and I need to catch up with them in a hurry before we have to come in for bath and bed.
Posted by Hot MMMama at 5:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
That was great Kirsten!!! I learned lots of new things.
My sister bought Brite music on Craigs list for cheap!! She loves it.
What a great person to tag you are!! This was awesome to read :) And I LOVE coloring with crayons too! I like markers, I like colored pencils but I LOVE CRAYONS!
by the by...if you want to go see some people you might recognize, go to nicole's blog and check out "the call 5" or maybe it says Laura Call. Anyway, that goes to Tyler's wife's site :) and then she has a whole bunch on her site of other people you might know, including Zac Bird..was he your age? Or maybe he's the one who was a year older than me, I can't remember. There were a bunch of names that were familiar to me but I didn't know any of them that well other than Tyler. His kids are beautiful..you have to check out the Back street boys video of his son lip syncing..so hilarious.
K, I kinda feel bad now. I never even THOUGHT until now how you guys were paying for that trip... that must have cost a ton... Well, I know we had a ton of fun still, but maybe Nate and I will have to take you guys somewhere now to even it all out... gosh I feel bad about that, I hate having to pay things off.
Post a Comment